Tiramisu is a coffee-flavoured Italian dessert. It is made of ladyfingers dipped in coffee, layered with a whipped mixture of eggs, sugar and mascarpone cheese, flavoured with cocoa.
The reason why I like/ prefer Tiramisu at home is because most restaurants usually use too much cream (Often simple whipped cream which has no flavour) and not enough sponge. They also lack the much needed flavour of coffee and the tinge of rum.
So here’s a simple recipe to make Tiramisu at home! Enjoy and Tell us if you loved it like we do.
Servings (For 8×8 inch Square dish)
- 200g Ladyfingers
- 200 Mascarpone Cheese
- 5 tbsp Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 3 tbsp Coffee
- 2 tbsp Rum
- 2 tbsp Coffee liquor
- 3/4 cup water
- Cocoa Powder
- Separate the Egg yolk and white for the three eggs
- Whisk both of them separately. Once the yolk is mixed properly, add half the sugar (2.5 tbsp) and whisk again. Similarly, once the white starts to bubble and increase in volume, add the remaining sugar (2.5 tbsp) and continue to whisk till it becomes creamy and forms soft peaks.(Refer to Video)
- Now add the mascarpone cheese to the egg yolk mix. Continue to mix this. Now, Gently add the egg white fluff into this mixture. Use a spatula to softly fold the two together. Make sure that you fold slowly in order to maintain the fluffiness of the mixture.
- Continue to fold till fully mixed.
- Meanwhile, prepare the coffee and rum mixture. Mix 3 tbsp of coffee, 3/4 cup water, 2 tbsp of rum & 2 tbsp of coffee liquor. Stir till the coffee is dissolved.
- Now, for the set up: Dip the ladyfingers one by one into the coffee and rum mix and place them as shown in the video. Cover the first layer with the egg mixture. Now place a second layer, PERPENDICULAR to the first layer. Use the remaining mixture to cover this too.
- Now, sprinkle cocoa powder on top to cover the entire surface.
- chill for 6-8 hours and enjoy cold!
Here’s a video for your reference:
Enjoy my Beautifoooodies!