During Lockdown, the one thing I’ve realised is the power of Cravings. Cravings and a lot of free time has led me to make so many things at home that, frankly speaking, in normal situations we would’ve simply ordered.
But after so much cooking, and many successful dishes, I’ve started loving the beauty of home cooked dishes. Being able to make restaurant-style favourites and savouring them has helped me forget that visiting an actual restaurant will remain a distant reality for a while.
Well, thank god for these recipes, they bring the restaurant straight to your kitchen.
This makes one garlic breadstick dish.
To make the Dough: –
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (1 Cup = 240ml)
- 1 Tsp Sugar -1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp Mixed Italian herbs –
- 2 Tbsp Curd
- 1 1/2 Tsp Oil
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2-3 Tsp Water
- Salt to taste
- To make garlic butter: –
- 3 Tbsp Salted butter (at room temperature) –
- 1/2 Mixed Italian herbs –
- 1 Tsp Crushed garlic
- For topping: –
- Some chopped fresh coriander –
- 50 gm Mozzarella Cheese or pizza cheese
- – Some boiled sweetcorn –
- 2-3 Cloves of thinly sliced garlic –
- Some chilli flakes
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and Italian herbs in a bowl.
- Then add the curd, milk, and Oil to the dry ingredients.
- Add water and mix the dough.
- Knead the dough for 10 mins
- Put the dough in a bowl, grease it with oil and cover it with a cloth. Leave it for 1 hour.
- Prepare the Garlic butter by mixing Butter, Mixed Italian Herbs and Crushed Garlic.
- After one hour, take out the dough and knead it for a minute.
- Now roll out the dough into a semi-thin circular shape.
- Spread the garlic butter over the dough. Add a layer of cheese on one half of it.
- Sprinkle some boiled American corn and place jalapeños evenly.
- Fold the dough and seal the edges
- Make small, soft cuts on the semi circle to give it the look of Breadsticks.
- You can also sprinkle some herbs on top
- Place it on a greased baking dish.
- Preheat Oven at 180 C and bake it for 20-25 mins
- Take it out when golden-brown
- Spread normal butter or garlic butter if left on the hot Garlic bread to make it extra tempting!
Pro Tip: If you want to enjoy a Pizza Breadstick, use the same dough and make the stuffing using cheese, pasta sauce, onions, capsicums and corn. This will give it a pizza flavour!
Enjoy my Beautifoooodies!
Original Recipe Credits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAt2Nn0F2mc