Hot Poha with peanuts and Bhujiya. It’s my favourite breakfast. I can have it 3 times a day. Now, Poha is nothing special, but usually, the small things have the greatest value. Poha isn’t just food for me, it is a feeling. It is a reminder of the people I love, of simple times with my family. I had Poha before each of my board exams. It feels safe, it feels like home to me.
So here, I share my mom’s recipe for Poha. Usually, every household has a different style. Here you could take a bite out of my childhood.
- ¼ cup peanuts
- 2 small sized carrots chopped
- 8-10 pieces of beans chopped
- ¼ cup peas
- Boil in a pressure cooker. Only one whistle
- Coriander Leaves
- 4 Green chilli chopped finely
- 1 big tomato chopped finely
- ½ cup chidwa washed and kept aside
- Few curry leaves
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp garam masala
- Salt, pepper to taste
For the Peanuts:
- Saute in little oil. Add a little salt and keep aside. (Optional: Add Curry Leaves)
For the Poha
- In a pan, add 2 tbsp oil.
- Add jeera, curry leaves, green chilli and tomato. Saute for a few minutes.
- Add turmeric, saute for a minute.
- Add boiled vegetables, washed poha and all the spices.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Serve with Peanuts and Bhujiya on the side (Optional: Garnish with Chopped Onions)
Enjoy my Beautifoooodies!!