As you all know, Momos are my one true love. Due this Lockdown, All of have been unable to enjoy our favorite dishes. I couldn’t take the separation anymore and finally made these momos at home.
Here’s the recipe to make these lovely momos at home:
Cooking time: 30 mins
Serves: Approx 25-30 momos
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Crushed Peppercorns
- 1 cup finely chopped Onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped ginger
- 1/4 cup finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped spring onions
- 1/2 cup chopped Capsicum
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
- Schewan Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Combine the flour with 1tsp oil and salt. Knead it with the required amount of water.
- Cover it with a muslin cloth and let it stay for minimum 10 mins.
- For preparing the stuffing, pour a little oil in a pan. First Put in the ginger and garlic, saute.
- Now put in the other vegetables and mix.
- Add salt to taste.
- Season the stuffings with crushed peppercorns, 1 tsp soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of Schewan Sauce. Mix well. Let it cool in another bowl.
- Now, divide the dough into small parts.
- Take one chunk of dough and roll it as thin as possible. Now, use a bowl to carve out a perfect circular shape.
- Fill the stuffing in the center and give it any shape you like. (See video given below for easy shaping ideas)
- Pour some water into your steamer. (Make sure there is sufficient water). Heat the steamer until the water starts boiling. ( We used the steamer for idli)
- Oil the base of the momos and put it on a wire mesh kept inside the steamer. This helps the momos to be cooked properly by the steam without sticking to the mesh.
- Let it steam for 13-15 mins. If the covering is a bit thick, let it be for upto 17-18 mins.
- Serve Hot with Chilli sauce, Peanut Sauce or mayo!
Enjoy my Beautifoooodies!