Chocolate is my first love. Dreaming about soft, fudgy cakes is my hobby. So I found this GREAT Recipe of a Swedish Sticky Chocolate Cake also known as Kladdkaka. It combines the best of a chocolate brownie, with its crispy exterior, and a molten lava cake, with its soft gooey center.
It’s one of the easiest cake recipes I’ve come across and an absolute tasty one.
for 6 servings
- 1 ⅓ cups sugar(265 g)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour(60 g)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder(30 g)
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup butter(115 g), melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- powdered sugar
- 1 cup berry(175 g), optional
Note: There’s no baking powder! The cake rises because of the egg and sugar mix.
Note: If you like less sugar, use only 1 1/4 sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs until the mixture is pale yellow in color.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Fold until incorporated.
- Mix in the butter and vanilla.
- Grease a pan with butter and sprinkle cocoa powder to coat.
- Pour in batter and smooth out. Batter will be very thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the top has hardened. The center should still be soft.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar(Optional)
- Add berries (optional).
Protip: Sieve all the dry ingredients, including the powdered sugar in the beginning too. This will help you in mixing the eggs and sugar together without making any lumps.
Enjoy my Beautifoooodies!
Recipe Credits: https://tasty.co/recipe/swedish-sticky-chocolate-cake-kladdkaka