Spaghetti is definitely my favorite type of pasta! Apart from its shape, it isn’t different from our regular pastas like penne or spirals. But we treat it with care because you don’t want to break those looong cylinders.
FunFact: Did you know that a single spaghetti is called a “Spaghetto”?
Now, Let’s get on with the recipe.
Cooking time: 20-30 mins
Ingredients for Pink Sauce Spaghetti:
- Olive Oil
- Garlic (Chopped)
- Bell Peppers (Sliced)
- Zucchini (Sliced)
- Broccoli (Diced)
- Basil Leaves (Some chopped, Some intact for garnish)
- Marinara Sauce
- Salt to taste
- Chilli Flakes, Oregano, Garlic Powder (Optional)
Ingredients for Marinara Sauce:
- 4 Big Tomatoes
- 1 Diced Onion
- 2 large garlic cloves (Left Whole)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Oregano, Chilli Flakes
- Salt to taste
Method for Marinara Sauce:
- In a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the tomatoes (with their juices), halved onion, garlic cloves, olive oil, oregano and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Bring the sauce to a simmer over medium-high heat, then lower the heat to keep the sauce at a slow, steady simmer for about 45 minutes, or until droplets of oil float free of the tomatoes. Stir occasionally, and use a sturdy wooden spoon to crush the tomatoes against the side of the pot after about 15 minutes has passed.
- Remove the pot from the heat and discard the onion. Smash the garlic cloves against the side of the pot with a fork, then stir the smashed garlic into the sauce. Do the same with any tiny onion pieces you might find. Use the wooden spoon to crush the tomatoes to your liking (you can blend this sauce smooth with an immersion blender or stand blender, if desired).
- Add salt, to taste (the tomatoes are already pretty salty, so you might just need a pinch). Serve warm. This sauce keeps well, covered and refrigerated, for up to 4 days. Freeze it for up to 6 months.
PROTIP: Use the onions you take out of the sauce as toppings in the pizza to prevent wastage.
Method for Pasta:
- Pour the Olive Oil in a pan. Put the chopped garlic and saute.
- Now put in the broccoli, bell peppers and Zucchini.
- Saute the vegetables for a while and then pour in the marinara sauce.
- Toss them together and mix the sauce and veggies well.
- Now, put in the oregano, chilli flakes, and salt.
- Finally, put in the spaghetti and toss carefully.
- To make your pasta pink and cheesy – add cream, cheese and chopped basil.
- Your pasta is now ready, serve with basil leaves on top!
Enjoy my Beautifoooodies!
Recipe Credits Marinara Sauce: http://www.cookieandkatie.com