During this Quarantine period, with limited physical movement, it is necessary to eat fresh, healthy and light food that keeps your body fit and active.
Many of us do not have domestic helps and therefore, make food in bulk. The issue with that is you should make sure its still fresh or If I may “Put the Tadka” when you’re actually eating it.
This simple Curd Rice recipe can be your go-to dish if you have leftover rice and want to make it a tasty refreshing meal.
Here is the Recipe for this South Indian Delicacy:
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Rice (Already ready)
- Curd (in proportion to your rice)
- Green Chilli
- Coriander Leaves
- Curry Leaves (Kadi Patta)
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- Asafoetida (Hing)
- Mustard Seeds (Sarson)
- In a Bowl, mix the rice and the curd properly. Add Salt and pepper as per taste
- Now Heat some ghee in a pan
- Put a little sarson for flavor. Let it pop in the hot ghee.
- Now slide in the ginger, green chilli and Curry Leaves. Toss them around.
- Finally, add the curd rice and mix it well with the tadka.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and Serve Hot!
PRO TIP: Curry Leaves and Asafoetida are key elements in making a South Indian Dish. No matter what in might be. But since hing has a very strong flavor, keep in mind to put only a pinch for flavor.
Enjoy my Beautifoooodies!